If you’re wondering why I’m posting this, read this post.
At my previous job, it didn’t take long for my colleagues to realize that I ate the same. thing. every. day.
BEHOLD—the goods from my most recent grocery run plus this week’s meal plan:
- A pound each of spinach and mixed greens
- Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie and Original Chik patties
- Frozen peas (a freezer staple!)
- Maruchan instant ramen in beef flavor (one of my favorite indulgences!)
- Ferrero Rocher (mmm… I’ve missed this)
- Angie’s BoomChickaPop Lightly Sweet popcorn (rediscovering my fondness for sweet popcorn)
- Champion C9 sports bra (impulse buy because 25%-off sale!)
Total: $74 ($60 without the impulse buy)
As for this week’s meals:
- Breakfast: overnight oatmeal (rolled oats, soy milk, honey, chia seeds, cinnamon and blueberries)
- Mid-morning snack: banana
- Lunch: Salad with balsamic dressing and an egg
- Mid-afternoon snack 1: blackberries
- Mid-afternoon snack 2: popcorn, Ferrero Rocher or whatever looks good in the Snack Cube (i.e. the cubicle that serves as a storage space for office snacks)
- Dinner: 2 veggie patties + 6oz of peas
A couple of notes about this plan:
- I am currently crazy about overnight oats! I have the Target Cartwheel app and I saw that oatmeal had been added to the deals, and I thought to myself, why don’t I eat oatmeal anymore? Oh yeah—it made me poop. But it contains all the good stuff and is dirt-cheap! Before eating overnight oats, I was also thoroughly unfulfilled by my morning smoothies. (Hungry again less than an hour later!)
- I think I’ll change to a non-soy protein powder. Gram-for-gram of protein, it’s more economical than soy milk.
I’m pretty excited about the Ferrero Rocher.