You read all about the right foods to eat after a marathon, but do you want to know what we runners really go for when we desperately crave calories?
- BoomChickaPop Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn (on sale!)
- Ripple pea protein drink (a curious new launch)
- Nature’s Path Heritage Flakes (can’t take the health nut out of the girl–even when she’s ravenous)
- Maruchan Instant Noodle Soup in chicken and beer flavors (childhood favorites!)
Meals for the week:
- Whatever looks like a good idea at the time
- Honestly, I still have bags and bags of frozen fake meat (pea protein-based) and frozen vegetables, so I don’t need to shop for anything except fresh fruit
- Ran the San Francisco Marathon full marathon in my worst time yet (but under 4 hours—whew, maybe?)
- Left quad in significantly more pain than my right; ankles and knees feeling… strange. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon that I hope won’t turn out badly.
- Laying off running for several days, but will resume cross-training in a day or two.
- With less (internal) pressure to work out in the morning, I’ll hopefully be able to get some sound sleep all week.
- Work load is ramping up. Long days at the office are not my favorite things.