Birthday week means many things—mostly dining at fancy restaurants and imbibing all the cocktails—but one of them is watching what I eat so I can partake in celebratory eats and drinks guilt-free.
- Frozen veggies
- Protein bars
- Frozen waffles
- Unsweetened pea protein milk
- Roasted pepitas
- Maple almond butter
- Frozen fried chicken (which aren’t actually that bad when you look at the ingredients list)
- Ramen (for when cravings inevitably hit)
This week’s game plan (fingers crossed):
- Breakfast: 2 waffles with almond butter and chia seeds
- Snack 1: fresh fruit (TBD)
- Lunch: peas with some chicken
- Snack 2: pepitas
- Dinner: celebratory dinner (gulp!)
- After feeling kinda bummed for a few weeks about not bouncing back 100% since the ankle injury, I feel better today after a long run. Thirteen miles at an easy pace in the cool of the morning, pain-free and feeling light as a feather!
- Speaking of feeling light, I went through my old Instagram posts and learned that I’ve gained 8 pounds in 15 months! Dafuq have I been doing?! Fingers crossed, it was the regular cross-training.
- Holy crap. Another year older.
- Fingers crossed I get accepted into the 2017 Boston Marathon!
- Can’t wait to see my family again.